As an experienced, certified nonprofit fundraising executive, my mission is to help nonprofit organizations attain their fundraising and public relations goals in the most efficient, thoughtful, and high quality manner possible.
I aim to be both “high tech” and “high touch.” I use new technologies wherever possible to reduce costs, to enhance efficiency, to communicate, and to conduct research. Simultaneously, I use traditional tried-and-true fundraising practices that many would call “old fashioned.” Virtually all my work is done by hand.
This website provides information about my professional work and my volunteer activities. I have been an independent fundraising executive for more than a decade, not affiliated with other consulting firms nor fundraising professionals. I trust my own judgement first and foremost, relying on many years of work “in the trenches.”
Thank you for visiting!
Carolyn M. Appleton, CFRE
- Quick Links -
- EcoRise Youth Innovations, based in Austin, Texas USA. This exciting, innovative, and timely start-up nonprofit founded by Gina LaMotte provides middle and high school curricula and teacher training on sustainable living, and it has begun to take flight. We are working on some of the basics – among them upgrading our GuideStar profile, enhancing the website, developing a broad base of charitable support, and expanding upon our use of cloud-based technologies like Z2′s NEON and Google. EcoRise is being adopted by a growing number of schools in and around Austin, and it intends to expand state-wide and nationally. EcoRise is pleased to be part of Center61 (founded by Steve Wanta). Stay tuned!
- EcoRise on Vimeo for your viewing pleasure. EcoRise on Facebook for more information and photographs.
- Bloomerang, “Amplify Your Nonprofit’s Impact with Social Media” (Summer, 2013).
- Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog (with links to two GuideStar case studies), “GuideStar: Invaluable Nonprofit Resource” (August, 2013).
- CausePub, “Predictions for the Future of Nonprofit Fundraising” (Summer, 2013).
- NTEN: Nonprofit Technology Network, CHANGE, “Engaging Major Donors with New Media” (December, 2011, article on page 26).
- WealthWorks, “Volunteering & Charitable Giving” (Spring, 2013).
Recent presentation materials and other convenient links:
- Click on the photograph to reach my presentation on SlideShare for the AFP DFW Philanthropy Conference (June 7, 2013), at the Irving Convention Center.
- For an easily accessible list of skills, kindly follow this link: Carolyn’s Skills.
- Latest blog post: “Social Media & Nonprofit Research: Better Than Ever” (October 26, 2013).